Senior Site Foreman
The Senior Site Foreman oversees the daily construction activities on a work site. They are responsible for the overall progress of the project, along with the scheduling of company workers, subcontractors and the delivery of equipment and materials.
The potential candidate must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate various teams of over 40 workers on a job site. They must possess an analytical mindset, exceptional organizational skills and the ability to perform under pressure with demanding deadlines.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a construction-related supervisory position.
- A Trade or Management degree is beneficial.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full supervision and direction of all assigned Company and Subcontract workers
- Mentorship to the Junior Foremen where applicable especially on larger worksites.
- Ensure that workforce and resources are adequate at all times
- Responsible for ensuring that all assigned workers are at their work stations and working productively during the course of the working day.
- Ensure that all workers are always aware of the nature of the works assigned to them at all times.
- Ensure that all tasks are done on a measured basis, i.e. on job work, wherever and whenever possible.
- Ensure that all tools are used and cared for properly.
- Review the project plans and specifications before construction and comment on the design, scheduling, possible code violations and possible cost-savings measure.
- Responsible for monitoring all job work daily and providing this information to the Site Manager or Project Manager.
- Attend weekly job site meetings with all subcontractors cheered by the Project Manager
- Completion of a detailed Daily Log in Procore listing number of workers and subcontractors, each activity carried out during the course of the day and the location of the works carried out along with any other pertinent information such as safety issues, visitors, etc.
- Compile all job work in a neat and orderly manner daily for submission to the Project Manager.
- Compile all necessary information for changes to the original Scope of Works such as additional materials and labour and time taken to carry out said works. These are to be given to the Project Manager and Project Quantity Surveyor for the compilation of total costs.
- Control and monitor labour, material and equipment expenses.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions and strategies in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Proficient in reading and clearly understanding and interpreting different drawing sets including, but not limited to, Architectural, Structural, ID and MEP drawings.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic layout functions and take levels and datum references.
- Accurate, and precise attention to detail.
- Knowledge of local building code regulations.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Project Management software such as Procore or similar
- In-depth understanding of the construction industry
- Ensure that the company’s Quality Control Plan is implemented.
- Able to effectively manage a team
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Goal-oriented and organized leadership skills
- Able to build solid relationships with team members and interact with different cultures and levels of education
- Able to work under pressure with demanding deadlines
- Able to work long hours when the project so requires
- Work outdoors in a hot climate
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solve conflict situations
Please send your resume to email@example.com by June 30, 2020