JADA Inc is looking for experienced and qualified Site Managers to join our team.
The Construction Site Manager oversees the day-to-day operations and ensures that work is done safely, on time, within budget and to the right standard of quality.
On the job, they are able to oversee an entire site successfully, or work with a team of multiple managers to manage specific aspects of a larger site. The ideal candidate must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and able to comfortably and professionally act as the first point of contact for the public and subcontractors.
- University Degree or an Associate’s degree in construction management, construction science, engineering, architecture, or related field from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years experience in construction-related management or supervisory position
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the coordination and control of the project; from inception to completion and the handover of the project to the Client
- Day to day management of operations on site, ensuring that the project is brought to successful completion and meets the required time, budget and quality constraints
- Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delays
- Coordinate employee schedules, ensuring adequate resource coverage in all areas
- Plan and efficiently organize the site facilities and logistics, ensuring all equipment on site is fit for the purpose and only operated by appropriately trained staff
- Requisition all materials and monitor delivery times to ensure these are coordinated with the construction programme
- Establish in conjunction with the Senior Site Foreman monthly inventory checks of the Materials Store and hold the Site Clerk accountable for the security of all Site Materials in his or her care including that such Stores be maintained in a tidy and well-managed state.
- Supervise, manage and motivate the entire site team including subcontractors to ensure they are on target and in line with the master programme
- Regular monitoring and liaison with the Project Manager and/or project Director on the Master Programme and development of stage/section programmes as required
- Maintain close relations with the Project Manager and/or Project Director and the Quantity Surveyor regarding cost control, variations, waste management Confirmation of Instructions
- Control and monitor labour, material and equipment expenses
- Ensure that subcontractor requisitions, labour-only payments and purchase orders are prepared and submitted on a timely basis in conjunction with the Project Manager and Quantity Surveyor
- Building strong working relationships with clients
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions and strategies
- Maintain and monitor the project schedule
- Ensure workmanship and materials standards are achieved in accordance with specifications, building regulations, health and safety regulations and the project quality control manual
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Computer Skills: Familiar with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and experience with Project Management software such as Procore or similar
- In-depth understanding of construction methodology
- Knowledge of local building code regulations
- Ensure that the Company’s Quality Control Plan is implemented
- Able to effectively manage a team
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Goal-oriented and organized leadership skills
- Able to build solid relationships with team members and interact with different cultures and levels of education
- Able to work under pressure with demanding deadlines
- Able to work long hours when the project so requires and a willingness to work a flexible schedule (nights and weekends, as needed)
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Work outdoors in a hot climate
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift up to 30 pounds
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solve conflict situations
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.